As the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee fast approaches, with celebrations commencing on 2nd June 2022, many cake makers and lots of our customers are busy preparing their printed cake designs, edible cake toppers and printed cupcake toppers ready for celebrations over the bank holiday weekend.
The emblem for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee was designed by 19 year old graphic design student Edward Roberts, from Nottinghamshire. Edward’s design was selected as the winning entry of Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Emblem Competition, run in conjunction with the V&A Museum.
The official emblem is available for download free of charge (links below). It is available for use for all activities associated with the Platinum Jubilee celebrations including community and national events, publications, social media, retail and merchandising.
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubliee Emblem English Primary – PNG
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Emblem English Secondary – PNG
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Emblem English Monochrome – PNG
We’ve been contacted by lots of our customer’s asking for advice on printing the Jubilee emblem onto our icing sheets and wafer paper. If you’re having difficulty achieving the purple (which can be notoriously difficult using edible ink) we’ve experimented with a few different settings and have a few suggestions to try.
- Firstly make sure you use a good quality edible ink. The images shown here have been achieved using EPS edible ink with prices from only £13.95 for a 4 x 100ml edible ink set, or for our full edible ink cartridges, prices start from only £24.95.
- We can’t stress enough how important it is to use a quality edible ink, many printer problems arise from using inferior inks. All of the EPS inks have been double filtered over a 2 month period to ensure consistently high quality printing and minimum downtime for your printer.
- The images below have been printed onto EPS Premium Icing Sheets using an EPS Canon TS705 Edible Printer
- The above is only a guide. As with all printing (edible or not) it’s important to experiment until you achieve a result you’re happy with yourself.
- Good luck with your edible printing and hope you enjoy the Jubilee celebrations. Best of all, enjoy the long bank holiday weekend we know you deserve!